Content management systems (CMS) are website platforms with a user-friendly backend, that empower an organization to update their website’s content as often as necessary.
Upleaf uses open-source CMS platforms like WordPress or Drupal that are known for their ease of use– any employee capable of using Microsoft Word is capable of updating content on one of these CMS platforms. We train our clients to use all features of their website to such an extent that our services are usually no longer needed after the training is completed.
By using a CMS as the platform of your website you eliminate the need for an in-house “webmaster” or hourly payments to an IT person to update site content, resulting in significant cost-savings over time.
With a CMS, regularly updated dynamic content (news, events, tips, blog posts) becomes part of the site design. This increases interactivity and helps better engage your constituents with your organization. It also gives people a reason to return to your site, increases constituent loyalty and improves your search engine ranking, making it easier for people to find you.
Among other benefits, using a content management system empowers your staff to:
- Edit existing content and add new information;
- Engage visitors with the use of interactive tools like polls, discussion forums and posting of comments;
- Quickly share time-sensitive alerts and information with the community in real time;
- Set up free, automated newsletters that can replace time-consuming e-newsletters;
- Position your organization as an authority or “go-to” resource for information related to your mission
Please contact us if you are interested in receiving a quote from Upleaf for our services.