International Hearing Dog, Inc. (IHDI) trains and places Hearing Dogs at no cost to recipients. All dogs selected for training as a hearing dog are rescued from local animal shelters.
IHDI is based in Colorado, but serves the entire United States through two programs: Hearing Dogs and Companion Therapy Dogs. Because of the quality of its training program, IHDI has been invited to work in Japan, Norway, and Australia to assist in the development of similar programs.
Our Work for this Client
The new mobile-friendly International Hearing Dog, Inc. website offers valuable information for potential clients, supporters, and donors. It also has a playful theme designed to appeal to dog lovers.
Our first step in the website redesign process was to map out IHDI’s online strategy objectives, target audiences, desired actions, and programmatic priorities. The resulting strategy outlined by Upleaf included:
- Clear explanation of core services and eligibility
- Client testimonies, as well as a special contact form clients can use to share stories
- Prominent space for news & updates, with social sharing
- Multiple donation options & user-friendly online donation form
- Special “Dog of the Month” section to promote animal sponsorship
- Legal information about Service Dogs
- Promotion of IHDI’s e-newsletter
- Event and sponsorship information
The new design is a drastic, modern improvement over the previous site. Upleaf’s content team utilized existing content and edited it for the web, weaving in strategic keywords for SEO.